The Information Systems division of TransForm SSO supports and implements all IS initiatives for its member hospitals, other health service providers, as well as supporting specific regional and provincial initiatives.
TransForm’s IS support covers a wide range of services, focused on the end users that helps improve clinician efficiency and patient care.
The IS team consists of three major groups:
- Support Analysts: these team members physically reside in the various hospitals and provide on-call and day-to-day break-fix support
- Technical Analysts: these team members support the Regional Data Center infrastructure and some infrastructure in the various local computer rooms. The Regional Data Centre is considered the “Data Centre” and the IS facilities within the four walls of the hospitals are considered “local computer rooms” or LCR.
- IS Architects / Tech Leads: this team provides architectural designs for new and upgraded application initiatives. The Tech Leads are the IS representatives on an active project and they assist the architects in scoping new initiatives.
REGIONAL SERVICE DESK
TransForm manages a regional service desk to triage IS calls for its technical support team. Using ITIL standards and a ticketing software system, tickets are monitored for quality and timelines adhering to service level agreements as approved by our customers. TransForm’s Regional IS Service Desk is the primary point of engagement between users and tech support. The service desk is the single point of contact and provides users with a central place to go for all their IT needs through a variety of mediums including phone, email and electronic customer portal). The team manages intake and incidents and plays a pivotal role in directing requests to the appropriate team or resource.
REGIONAL DATA CENTRE
TransForm manages a regional data centre for its member hospitals and other health service providers, creating efficiencies in cost and infrastructure.
PRIVACY & SECURITY
TransForm’s IS division is committed to protecting your privacy. Policies and procedures are in place to safeguard your personal health information and to keep your information private.
We store personal health information for hospitals, family health teams, clinics and community-based organizations. We take steps to ensure that this information is in a secure environment and that it is only accessed for purposes for which you have consented.
Extensive security measures are in place to protect your information from theft, loss, and unauthorized access, including regular audits.
Technical support is delivered both on-site and remotely. This includes troubleshooting such as addressing problems with basic software applications, verification of hardware and software set-up and assistance with application education.
In cases where more in-depth support is required, IS personnel work with users and vendors to address issues related to hardware and/or software deficiencies, installations or replacements of various hardware components, software repair and diagnostic testing.
As part of its commitment improvement to quality and accountability to our member hospitals, IS documents and analyzes all issues and applies learnings
INTEGRATED ASSESSMENT RECORD
The Integrated Assessment Record (IAR) is an electronic tool that allows authorized users to view a client/patient’s previous assessment information and work in collaboration with other care providers to effectively plan and deliver services. Patients across the Erie St. Clair Local Health Integration Network (ESC LHIN) who are affected by mental health issues now have improved access to care that recognizes their unique needs.
If you have any additional questions about TransForm SSO’s IS Privacy and Security Program, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can also contact our Chief Information Technology & Security Officer:
Electronic Service Provider
With respect to the Integrated Assessment Record (IAR) this organization is a provider of electronic services to health information custodians (HICs). The IAR is a system that enables participating HICs to collect, use, modify, disclose, retain, or dispose of personal health information (PHI). This organization has put in place policies and practices to ensure that:
- No person shall use the participating HIC PHI except as necessary to provide contracted services or as required by law.
- No person shall disclose the participating HIC PHI except as necessary to provide contracted services or as required by law.
- This organization will not permit access to participating HIC PHI unless the entity granted access aggress to comply with this statement of Information practices and all applicable security and privacy policies and procedures.
- Health Information Network Provider
With respect to the Integrated Assessment Record (IAR) this organization is a health information network provider to participating health information custodians (HICs). The IAR is a system that enables two or more HICs to disclose health information (PHI) to one another for the purposes of assisting in, or in, the provision of care. The services provided by the IAR are set out in the Data Sharing Agreement (DSA) that has been entered into by all Participants. An electronic copy of that CSA is available at the CCIM web site at the location below. Schedule E of this DSA contains a plain language description of the IAR network services and security.
- In addition to the considerations set out in the statement of information practices for Electronic Service Providers above this organization has put in place policies and practices to ensure that:
- Participating HICs will be notified of any privacy breaches detected by this organization.
- A copy of this statement and, where requested, a copy of the DSA including its statement of network services is provided to each participating HIC.
- A copy of this statement will be made available to the public on request.
- This organization will maintain appropriate logging and monitoring of PHI that will be made available to participating HICs on request.
- This organization will perform regular privacy and security assessments of the operation of the IAR and provide summary copies of the results of those assessments to participating HICs.
- This organization shall ensure that any third parties providing services to this organization will be bound by these strictures.
For more information about privacy or security at this organization please contact: